Concept 2 Model E Review
The Concept 2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Monitor is a high-tech assistant for everyone who would like to stay fit for as long as they live and work. It boasts a handful of features, which make it a perfect workout tool for people from all walks of life and ages. Thanks to its compact design (it breaks down into two pieces), it is quite portable and can be taken along to any place. The rowing will be smooth and quiet. The tool features a PM5 Performance Monitor with a whole set of workout and data storage and transfer options. Whatever data you receive during a workout, you can view it on your PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc. This is one of the highest quality rowing machines, and they say it is second to the Concept2 Model D only.
What’s Good About It?
- This tool can handle weight up to 500 lbs.
- The PM5 Performance Monitor has a long arm, so there is no need to stretch too much.
- A wireless function makes it possible to track your heart rate.
- The tool features a flywheel and damper, which reduce the noise to the minimum and provide easy adjustment.
- A seat is positioned 20 inches high and ensures comfort and ease during a workout.
- The machine breaks into two pieces and ensures easy transportation and storage.
- The machine features a nickel chain, which is protected by a chain housing and requires minimal maintenance.
- Footrests and handles maximally fit the natural position of feet, arms and hand and ensure convenient and effortless rowing.
- The seat features a smooth aluminum monorail and moves freely and evenly.
- The tool features caster wheels, which enable you to move the tool around your house as you want.
- Choose among different preset workouts;
- This tool is multilingual;
- The memory option can save all data on your bends, curves, heart rate, etc.;
- The tool comes with a USB Flash Drive, so you can manage your data;
- Heart rate monitors are compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart;
- Enables M2M performance and connects to all types of computers and mobile devices;
- You can monitor the following workout parameters:
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee. Also, the manufacturer provides a five-year warranty, which covers the frame. The Performance Monitor and small parts come with a two-year warranty.
The manual provides a pictured step-by-step assembly guide, which is translated into several languages. The tool is very simply structured, and assembly will not take about 20-30 minutes.
Why We Think This One Is the Best
The Concept2 Model E is a reliable, durable and versatile workout tool, which will get all muscle groups to work. The device is fitted for all types of indoor environment, and it can be used at home or in a gym. Thanks to the numerous workout preset and heart-rate tracking function, you can arrange your exercise pattern according to your physical characteristics and monitor your progress. The tool is built by a customer-oriented manufacturer, so all buyers talk good about it.
The Concept2 Model E looks a little more complicated than it is. A little closer look will tell you immediately that it is very easy to handle. According to feedback, the average assembly time reported by users is 15-20 minutes. Thanks to the 20-inch seat height, you will not have any difficulty getting on and off it. The machine is designed in such a way so as to help one imitate natural rowing movements. The monitor and digital options are robust and easy to navigate, and many say they did not even need to open the instruction manual to get what they wanted. With Model E by your side, you will make a good rower without actually using a boat in less than no time. Needless to say, it will brace you up, and you will not have problems when it comes to real rowing.
Reputation above All
Concept2 is one of the top fitness tool manufacturers. All its products are known for exceptional integrity and durability. Originating as a gym and military tool, now it is great for home use. The high quality is explained by the use of high-quality materials, which last for years.
It should be noted that some users do find the seat uncomfortable. Indeed, it takes a bit of getting used to, because it is a workout tool, not an armchair! If it gets really painful, you can put a cushion on the seat. Most users get used to the seat after a couple of weeks of regular workout.
The Concept2 Model E Indoor Rower is a great thing for $1,100. Versions that are intended for home use still retain the solidity and integrity of their commercial fathers. Thanks to optimal computer settings, you can adjust your sessions according to your potential. The model features a Garmin chest-strap heart rate monitor, extensive memory and wireless function.