About Stamina Rowing Machines
Stamina sells at-home fitness products such as rowing machines, exercise bikes, and treadmills while also other products like fitness accessories, DVDs, and fitness trampolines.
This STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review will give a comprehensive overview of the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399’s features, quality and value of the product to help you decide if this is the right product to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Stamina ATS Air Rower 1399 Review
Stamina Products is a company whose mission is to provide customers with innovative, affordable exercise equipment. Founded by five friends in 1984, this fitness equipment brand has provided home exercise equipment for over 30 years, and has designed and distributed for brands and personalities such as Body by Jake, Denise Austen, Brenda DyGraf, and others.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399, a rowing machine designed to improve your cardio and muscle strength, is one of Stamina Products’ most popular rowers, costing $399.99.
This makes it one of the most budget-friendly of Stamina’s Air Rower products. It has a minimalist design that is not packed with fancy features but also can fit into just about any room.
Here are some of this STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review’s pros and cons:
- Affordable: the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is Stamina’s cheapest Air Rower at $399.
- Comes with free access to müüv, the smart audio coaching app
- Easy assembly.
- Low-impact exercise machine.
- Foldable frame allows for easy storage.
- Free shipping for continental US orders.
- No-hassle returns.
- Customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review highlight the fact that the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is often susceptible to damage that renders it unusable.
- The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399’s firm seat caused some customers to mention that longer workouts can cause soreness.
- Air rower exercises are based on repetitive motion without any resistance options, which some people may find boring.
- International shipping is not available for products ordered from the website.
- 250 lb. weight limit.
- When assembled, the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is 77” long x 18” wide x 22” tall
- When folded, the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is 48” long x 18” wide x 28” tall
- Product weighs 54 lbs.
- Steel frame with nylon pull and foot straps.
- Padded handlebar.
- Multi-function electronic monitor which shows you your speed, distance, time and calories burned.
- Meant for cardio and strength-building air-resistance workout.
- Comes with müüv, which provides personalized workouts for the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399.
- One video product description available on the company’s website.
- Does not connect to your phone or other devices.
- Firm, padded, upholstered seat.
- 3-year warranty for frame and 90-day warranty for parts.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 utilizes air resistance to give you a full-body cardio and strength-building workout. An air rower is probably the right exercise machine for you if you’re looking for a workout that is easy on your joints and has minimal injury risk, which will also give you a beginner-friendly, full-body, aerobic workout that will help you improve your posture. However, an air rower probably isn’t right for you if you’re looking for a rowing machine with resistance controls.
While there are no resistance controls, that does not necessarily mean that you cannot control resistance. Air rowers work by producing resistance through the air flowing over the internal wheel. You can control how fast the wheel goes by how fast you row, meaning that the faster you row the more resistance you get. However, this means that air rowers can be quite noisy, especially compared to their magnetic- and water-resistance counterparts.
Next, this STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review will compare the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 to comparable rowing machines on the market.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 costs $399, making it the most affordable option in the Stamina Air Rower product line. This means that the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is probably the right air rower for a beginner who is looking to see if an air rowing machine is right for them. Whereas other air rowers may come with more features, they often can run north of $500, and many rowing machines go for $1000 or more.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 can be purchased on the company’s website using either a credit card or PayPal. It is also available through other retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Target. Sadly, no payment plans are available.
Shipping & Assembly
Next up in this STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review is an overview of the logistics of shipping and assembly.
Stamina Products offers free standard shipping (5–10 business days) for all orders of the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399, and expedited shipping (2–5 business days) is also available for an additional $10 fee. Free shipping is only available in the continental U.S., and orders placed on staminaaproducts.com can only be shipped to the U.S. or APO/FPO addresses.
If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, or want your package shipped internationally, you need to contact customer service (1-800-375-7520) for orders and shipping rates. Packages are shipped via U.P.S.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 will require some assembly; assembly instructions are included in the owner’s manual. A wrench, a 5mm Allen wrench and a 6mm Allen wrench are required for assembly, all of which are included in the package. You will also need 2 AA batteries, which are not included. You can complete assembly in 9 steps.
One five-star STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review notes that “It was easy to assemble.”
You will not need to do much setup after assembling the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399. It does not take your weight or age, instead it determines your calories burned based on the average user. The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 does not connect to Wifi.
To turn on the electronic display’s fitness meter, you either pull the handlebar or press the button. You can reset all function value displays of distance, time and calories by holding the function button for 4 seconds. You can access müüv by downloading it from the App Store or Google Play and can access audio workouts by scanning the QR code in the owner’s manual.
Design and Features
Customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review gave an average rating of 4.1/5 stars, giving it a 4.1 in Quality and a 4.3 in Value. Many reviewers highlight its comfort as well as how easy it is to use, although others claim that the build quality can be shoddy.
There is a certain degree of disagreement with reviewers when it comes to build quality, as some argue it is well-built while others claim that it breaks easily. One STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review says that “It’s smooth, has a very easy construction method and is quite sturdy. It folds nicely, and it’s very easy to move around.” But another review says that “After assembling it I found that the electronic feature was not working at all” and many other customers who wrote reviews say that within 6 months a spring box broke.
This STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review notes that Stamina Products customer service representatives have responded to all negative reviews on the Stamina Products website, reaching out to discuss how they can be of assistance. Despite the problems highlighted by 1- and 2-star reviews, the majority of customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review on the company’s website were satisfied with their purchase. The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 also has an average review of 4.1/5 stars on amazon.com.
Customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review general described this air rower as being comfortable. It seems designed with your comfort in mind, sporting padded, upholstered seats that still hold firm, footrests with nylon straps large enough to accommodate all foot sizes, and textured grips on the padded handlebars.
The only point of complaint as it relates to comfort is with the seat. One STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review says that the seat is “cushioned, but firm” but also notes that if you use it for a long time “your sit bones get a little sore.” Another reviewer says that “The seat has been a little hard to get used to” but that “It gets more comfortable with each workout.”
This STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review notes that its weight capacity may be one of the downsides of this air rower. It is equally suitable for men and women, but the 250 lb. weight limit may mean that if you lean heavier, you may not be able to use the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399. This seems to be a real drawback, especially if you’re looking to use the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 to lose weight. This looks like it is the case for all of Stamina Products’ air rowers, however, they do have rowing machines with heavier weight limits, such as the STAMINA X WATER ROWER, which has a weight limit of 300 lbs.
You can expect to be able to use the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 pretty regularly, although it should be reiterated that many customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review claim that the product breaks easily. Some reviewers say they use it a few times per week to supplement the other ways they work out, whereas others say they use it 20 or 30 minutes every day as their main mode of exercise.
Based on customer reviews, there does not appear to be a sweetspot in terms of height or weight, so long as you’re under the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399’s weight limit. The large footrests and seat rail, plus the sliding, adjustable seat means that this product works for all sorts of different body types.
There are not many features on the electronic display, although this may be preferable if you are looking for something with a minimalist aesthetic. The display itself, at the head of the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399, is tiny, and can only accommodate information for time, distance and calories burned. You operate it using only one button at the bottom of the screen.
There is no membership, but if you buy the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 you have access to müüv. This gives you free audio workouts personalized for the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399. müüv is available to download at both the App Store as well as Google Play, and you can get workouts specific to the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 if you scan the QR code in the owner’s manual. müüv focuses on encouraging accountability and motivation through personalized audio coaching.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 can be folded to make storage easier, changing its dimensions to 48” long x 18” wide x 28” tall. This means that where you store it will probably depend a lot on the size of your room or wherever it is you wish to store it, but in most cases it can fit behind a door and in many cases can fit in a closet.
Storage is, in fact, something many customers appear most satisfied with, even going so far as to say that folding it is unnecessary for easy storage. One STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review reads, “It is indeed easy to use and fold for compact storage. I do not expect to fold it. It fits nicely in my loft with other machines.”
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is not especially large, nor is it super heavy. It weighs 54 lbs, which means one person can move it, but it may be easier if you have a second person there to help you.
The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 has a 3-year warranty for the frame and a 90-day warranty for parts. If a part if defective, Stamina Products will send you a new one. You may have to send them the defective part, and the website warns that “Stamina Products Inc. reserves the right to require the customer to pay for the return shipping of the item.” However, customers who left a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review generally relate having good experiences, saying that Stamina will replace defective parts and products no questions asked.
That is not to say that every customer was satisfied. One STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review says that “90 days warranty is not enough.”
Overall, this STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review would conclude that this air rower, while maybe not being the best product on the market, is worth its price. It has a limited electronic display, does not allow you to change resistance options, and may break easily. But Stamina appears willing to replace all defective devices, almost all reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and in terms of getting you in shape, the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 gets the job done: it is low-impact with minimal injury risk, gives you both a cardio and strength workout, and the faster you row the more resistance you get. In terms of this STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 review’s main takeaways, I would say that:
- This is an especially good product if you’re a beginner, although it certainly still has value if you’re a gym-rat.
- This is one of the most affordable air rowers on the market.
- It is a great at-home option as it is easy to both assemble and store, and the machine itself is neither big nor heavy.
- It’s noisy. If this is something that you think will annoy you, an air rower may not be for you.
- Be aware of the fact that it might be more susceptible to damage than other air rowers on the market, but at the same time Stamina seems committed to replacing all broken and defective products and parts hassle-free while under warranty.
Where can I purchase the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399?
- The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 is available at staminaproducts.com, as well as through Amazon and other large retail stores such as Target or Walmart.
Is there a STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 discount?
- Not at this time. However check back frequently to see if there’s a discount available.
Does the STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 fold?
- Yes. The STAMINA ATS AIR ROWER 1399 folds for easy storage. When folded, its dimensions shrink to 48” long x 18” wide x 28” tall.
Can you lose belly fat on a rowing machine?
- Yes. Rowing is a great way to raise your metabolism and efficiently burn calories and fat.
Is rowing better for you than running?
- It depends on what you want to get out of your exercise. Rowing is a better option than running if you want a low-impact exercise that is easier on your joints that can also help you build and tone muscle. As an added plus, rowing is also a great cardio workout.
How to contact Stamina Products?
- Stamina Products can be reached via phone at 1-800-375-7520 or email at [email protected]. Their office hours are Monday–Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Their website’s contact form can be found here.